The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Using debate topics to insult or degrade ideas
in United States

By VaulkVaulk 576 Pts
The current state of debateisland.com seems to be on a downward slope.  Where once there were awesome debates, some controversial and some whimsical, now there stands a never-ending list of debates about who's religion is more stupid or "These people are dumb" debates that aren't actually debates at all but rather an attempt at discrediting an entire demographic of people who hold a particular opinion.  These debates are actually just attacks on other people and their character and in my opinion are degrading to the debating method.

I don't particularly feel that these should be censored or deleted by moderators but...c'mon people..."Why are theists so dumb" has to be the most pathetic excuse for a debate that I've ever seen.
someone234ErfisflatApplesauceMayCaesarWordsMatterZombieguy1987AmericanFurryBoy
"If there's no such thing as a stupid question then what kind of questions do stupid people ask"?

"There's going to be a special place in Hell for people who spread lies through the veil of logical fallacies disguised as rational argument".

"Oh, you don't like my sarcasm?  Well I don't much appreciate your stupid".

Could not connect: User i2483808_vf2 already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections